logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNx2 Leto and other plugins libstdc++.so.5 error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rainemaker

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 23:18    Post subject: NWNx2 Leto and other plugins libstdc++.so.5 error Reply with quote

Hello everyone, while I am a veteran of Neverwinter Nights, and a server admin of 4+ years, I have no idea why the plugins can't be run, even when i have the IA32 package installed (which contains the library that the error mentions).
i get the following errors, despite my best efforts, and even in a chroot i can't compile my own binary, so i have to rely on the prebuilt (no problems there).

please help, the error i get (from the plugins only NWNx2 runs fine)
is:

Code:

ERROR: dlopen: ./nwnx_leto.so: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
ERROR: dlopen: ./nwnx_functions.so: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
FUNCS plugin registered.
ERROR: dlopen: ./nwnx_profiler.so: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
ERROR: dlopen: ./nwnx_odbc.so: libmysqlclient.so.15: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

EDIT: i have Funcs and Profiler working now, its just Leto and ODBC that are broken.
eeriegeek

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,
what flavor and version of linux do you have and what do you get when you run "locate libstdc++.so" and "locate libmysqlclient.so"? Oh, and which version of nwnx (e.g. core-2.8 from elven's integration build) are you downloading?
Rainemaker

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit, (it runs without chrooting and some of the plugs work without chrooting, so i'd rather not chroot)

NWNX 2.8 core from elven

Code:

$ locate libstdc++.so
/home/username/.dropbox-dist/libstdc++.so.6
/opt/lampp/lib/libstdc++.so.5
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6.0.13
/usr/lib32/libstdc++.so.6
/usr/lib32/libstdc++.so.6.0.13
$ locate libmysqlclient.so
/opt/lampp/lib/libmysqlclient.so
/opt/lampp/lib/libmysqlclient.so.18
/opt/lampp/lib/libmysqlclient.so.18.0.0

so i need an older libmysqlclient? or is there a way to update the NWNx plugin? because that was the .so file that came out of the odmbc subfolder for the core package
eeriegeek

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats correct Rainemaker, the integration build is linked with those specific shared library versions, so you will need to find a matching one. Unfortunately, the .15 version is getting a little older and I'm not sure where to get one. It looks like you may be getting the correct libstdc++ from your xampp install.

As much of a pain as it can be, I think a chroot may be your best bet. You may also want to try your own build, not sure what problem you ran into there was, but feel free to post any problems with building it here. The cmake files should now correctly target the required i386 architecture. If you do your own build, I would use a gcc 4.4.x version. I have not been able to build a stable version of core-2.8 with later versions.
elven

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this is unfortunately the case. Making a build compatible to all distros is impossible, unless you either distribute the .so (baad idea), or link it statically (not officially supported by mysql). Also, NWNX as of now will not compile on a 64bit stack. There are basically two options:

- build it yourself (you need a 32bit chroot)
- install a debian lenny 32bit chroot and use the prebuilt binary.

There's a tutorial of mine regarding that somewhere stickied.

As for libstdc++5, you might be able to find a matching package in lucid-backports. Just install that and you should be good to go.

Edit: I have looked into integrating leto into nwnx core-2.8, but I can't find the sources for it. Just the glue bits. I don't really feel like checking in and maintaining a blob wrapper though. There are some problems with it and there's more modern solutions nowadays too. I'm not trying to tell people what (not) to use - if there is sustained interest I might try to contact the original author and get the actual code.
Rainemaker

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 20:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Leto package you sent me in the PM is working as of right now, thank you very very much for that, but im still having issues with the sql plugin, ill tinker with it more a bit later, and if need be ill build it in a Developer VM for 10.04,

unless you have a workaround for the sql plugin?

thanks so much for your help guys,
Rainemaker

EDIT: I've installed a VM of 10.04 Ubuntu in order to build a version of the MySQL plugin, but maybe this is a waste of effort, if you guys can tell me why i might be getting this error
Code:
ERROR: dlopen: ./nwnx_odbc.so: ./nwnx_odbc.so: undefined symbol: _ZN7CSQLiteC1Ev

then maybe i can forget about the MySQL db integration and just use SQlite (its supposed to be faster anyway)

EDIT2: Also i can't figure out how to build just the SQL plugin either, so some help on that front (if SQlite is a bust) would be lovely
Rainemaker

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 21:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump, sorry for double posting, but i really would like to know how to build the sql plugin or the sqlite plugin, so that i can play prc with friends.

thanks in advance,
Rainemaker
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: