logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

An odd ruby error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fireboar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 13:28    Post subject: An odd ruby error Reply with quote

This is quite strange. When loading NWN through NWNX with the nwnx_ruby plugin enabled, I encounter the following warning:

(nwn-lib) ./ruby/extern.rb:4:in `require': nxml and modpacker support not available, install libxml-ruby to enable

The thing is, I have tried installing libxml-ruby both as a package and as a gem. Neither has any effect. Any idea what else I might be missing? The distribution is Debian Lenny. It's not a huge issue - everything still works, but it would be nice to have it all working so these features are available if required in the future.
elven

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:23    Post subject: Very belated answer Reply with quote

The above warn is nwn-lib specific and says that the file/serialization formats nxml and modpacker are not available, because libxml-ruby isn't installed.

As to the error persisting after you installed it (on debian, gem libxml-ruby suffices) - either you're running inside a chroot where you will have to install it separately, or your ruby loadpath isn't set up properly (with nwnx_ruby, you might need to set it manually since embedded ruby is weird that way).

If you don't actually want to use those formats, never mind about that warning. You can even turn it off by setting the env var NWN_LIB_DEBUG=0 (although that suppresses all other warns too). They should only ever appear once when loading the gem (on nwserver startup).
Fireboar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 16:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I fixed it ages ago somehow. Can't exactly remember what I did, just that by the end libxml-ruby became available to the interpreter.
Mithreas

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 0:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

You added a line to our nwnstartup.sh script:

export RUBYLIB=$RUBYLIB:/var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/nwn-lib-0.4.12/lib:/var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/libxml-ruby-1.1.4/lib
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: