logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for pugin

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greyfort

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:30    Post subject: Looking for pugin Reply with quote

Looking for nwnx_tmi plugin (written by acaos) I need this because I was told it would help me with ERROR: Tomany instructions. Any ideas of ware I might find it. I'm searching the web site so far no Luck. Is the plug in windows compatable. I would be greatful for any help.
virusman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nwnx.org/index.php?id=doc_nwnx_linux
The plugin can be compiled from SVN sources.
Greyfort

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 22:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

So your saying take the linux version and recompile it for windows correct?
Just to be clear.
virusman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 0:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, as far as I know, there is no Windows port of this plugin.
Q

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a Windows version of TMI myself; it's just a bit hard to find. The below link might be the same one, but I can't verify it right now.

Description says it includes source code as well as a precompiled version.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Other.Detail&id=1364
Greyfort

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Q that was great still on the vaults, The precompiled version seemed to work fine. God willing huh....

I forgot to ask... somewhere I read aurora toolset give TMI after some number of times cant remember. I see the TMI plugin is default set to 4 is this the equivelant to bioware setting?
Baaleos

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 16:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

the read me of the dll says that the native Bioware setting is 2, so 4 essentially doubles the limit.

I have put mine to 6, just for testing out.

If you are a competent scriptor, you could enable Unlimited, as long as you know that your not going to be running scripts forever.

eg - As long as the loop terminates eventually, you should be safe with unlimited.

Remember, the size of the loop that can occur before TMI is not necessarily linked to the amount of iterations, but the amount of code being processed in the single script.

I was performing a Feat Transfer, from 2da to mySQL database, and found I could only get about 56 lines from the 2da file into the database, before getting TMI.

However, if I took out all the database functionality from the loop, the loop would have gone further than 56, possibly into the hundreds.

(I solved the issue though, by using a Pseudo HB to transfer the feat information in batches.)
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 13:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

The native bioware limit is 0x20000 or 131,072. The TMI plugin can FAR exceed that. We set ours up to 4x1012x1012 or 4,194,304 during module load, and then back down to around 500k for normal ops. Removing it altogether is a Bad Idea(tm).

Funk
Baaleos

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 14:46    Post subject: True in most cases Reply with quote

I agree totally with Funky,
The TMI is there for a reason, its a safety precaution that prevents players from timing out etc from a single script hogging the processing power of the server.

That being said,
The plugin for windows, only allows currently the server operator to change the TMI values via the nwnx.ini.

Im going to have a go at changing it to make it accept input from nwn the game, to make it dynamically changeable.

It would be interesting if it were possible to hook onto the TMI function, and then have it dynamically change the TMI limit, up to an upper limit, as needed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: