logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PlayerStart Locations?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baaleos

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 17:31    Post subject: PlayerStart Locations? Reply with quote

Using nwnx, would it be possible to hook onto the player enter event, and redirect them to a different location, rather than letting them materialize at the playerstart location.

It would be nifty if the startlocation can be overrided.

I know its possible to nwnscript to port them to another location a second after their materialization, but thats essentially 2 loading screens just to get the player to the correct start location.
Terra_777

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save the location to the database on client leave and when a PC enters the entry area they're sent back to the last saved location. Success?
Baaleos

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 18:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty much the same as scripting it to teleport them after they have materialized.

Was hoping nwnx would make it possible to hook onto the player join, and manually set the playerstart. I know all about persistent player positions, I'm just wondering about hooking onto the player join code, in the hopes of bypassing playerstart.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: