logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clients of NWNX4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpgbl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:45    Post subject: Clients of NWNX4 Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I tried to implement a client server for my mod. The server is using NWNX4. So in the server I installed the NWN2 and then updated it. It works fine for this.

Now I want to set up the client. When I have installed the NWN2 and NWNX4 in the server, does the client requires to install the NWN2 INCLUDING all the patches to be able to play the game without a problem ? or is it possible to just copy the installed files from the server directly ? Is there any potential crach it might happen if I just copy the files directly ?

The reason Im asking is because I need the quickest way to distribute my mod so I can get as many respondent for my research as possible. I figured it is easier and faster to just give them the copy of the installed files rather than give them the CD and then ask them to patch in themselves.
Zebranky

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 17:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can just copy the installed folder. There might be quirks due to not having all the registry keys present, but most things will work fine.

As an aside, you're running into legal gray area if you're distributing full copies of the game, even for research, but that's a little off-topic here.

<Fluffy-Kooshy> NWNx plugin is to this as nuclear warheads are to getting rid of fire ants.

<ThriWork> whenever I hear nwn extender, I think what does NWN need a penis extender for?
rpgbl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. Dont worry about the cdkey cause I was provided with multiple cdkeys for my research anyway. I've tried to copy the game just like you said but it seems the copied one is noticably slower than the installed one for some reasons although I have made it more lighter by deleting the orinal campaign mod. Any idea? Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: