logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

tile type?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baaleos

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 0:57    Post subject: tile type? Reply with quote

Does anyone know if its possible to determine whether or not a player is standing in water?

Eg - River tile etc.

Im working on a project, where I need to be able to fire a script when the player or npc steps into water.

However, the only method I can find, is to manually draw triggers around all water surfaces.

I know nwnscript doesnt provide a method, but perhaps nwnx may have some way of identifying if the player is standing on a water surface/in a water surface.

Or maybe its all done client side?
MaxRock

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

In theory there should be a way to retrieve the footstep sound type ... *goes to fire up visual studio*
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:26    Post subject: Re: tile type? Reply with quote

Baaleos wrote:
Does anyone know if its possible to determine whether or not a player is standing in water?

Eg - River tile etc.

Im working on a project, where I need to be able to fire a script when the player or npc steps into water.

However, the only method I can find, is to manually draw triggers around all water surfaces.

I know nwnscript doesnt provide a method, but perhaps nwnx may have some way of identifying if the player is standing on a water surface/in a water surface.

Or maybe its all done client side?
whats the problem using trigger? Everyone making such things does that. I suppose there wont be so much walkable water in your module.

Quote:
In theory there should be a way to retrieve the footstep sound type ... *goes to fire up visual studio*
Thats nice, but that won't cover "when" question. He need event and I got on my mind one, trigger OnEnter...
Baaleos

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:14    Post subject: workin on Reply with quote

Im working on a module fassioned after legacy of kain series.

Vampires get burned by water.

Triggers work, but painting them is a pain.
Was just wondering if anyone knew if the server application would actually be able to identify what the player is standing on.

Eg- Does the Server send a message to player to say - Your inside water, splish splash.

Or, does it all get pre-loaded by server onto client, and then the client application handles all the
'you are in water - splish splash'.

Its probably the latter.
axs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

On linux nwnx_funcsext you have GetSurface. I thought it is in windows nwnx_funcs but it's not. Maybe it's good idea to add it?

// Get surface material type from location
int GetSurface(location lLocation);
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: