logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Server Sound Off

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ne0nx3r0

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:31    Post subject: Server Sound Off Reply with quote

Just curious, what nwn servers does everyone here work with/host/etc?

I always see a lot of familiar names, but I can't always connect the dots.

Starting off... I host a .hack based mod, we use areas to supplement a dynamic area system and for some of the stuff in fixes. I also created a few dm widgets that use stuff from funcs.

Site is dothackrevival.net (not linking since I don't want to plug Wink)
Kilr Mik d Spik

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have maintained my own private little server Orlanthia for over 5 years and have at times been associated with Sam's Server Menzoberranzan At one time I was associated with HCR. I am now working on a project of my own that involves the Torque 3D Engine, but still visit and help out on some NWN1 projects. It's hard to let go of the old girl, and still play from time to time as well.
Red

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cut my teeth creating areas and scripting for the pw Altharia (non-nwnx server). Created a now dead pvm arena server and am in the process of making a good old fashioned pw action server, An Epic World.
Still not sold on the name Laughing
Baaleos

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 23:10    Post subject: Worlds of Rhun Reply with quote

I work on my Server - Worlds of Rhun. ( 217.146.93.116:5222 )
azmodan.net

Most of the content in the Server is unique, but made possible by many plugins released here on the nwnx forums. Thank You Very much to nwnx guys.

For example -
Area Duplication Plugin - by Virusman - Implimented in a Persistent Housing System.
Modify Ability Caps Plugin - By Zeb - Implimented in a Dynamic Levelling Monster System (All Monsters can have their abilities, skills, ac and ab bonus increased in tandem with players)

The Server started out about 3 years ago as a ordinary Rhun Server, one of about 5 online at the time, now it is barely recognizable to other Rhun Servers.
Called it Worlds of Rhun, opposed the the Lands of Rhun, because I built a Stargate Network inside the Server, linking Planets together. Gives rise to additional Planets to explore, opposed just one land. Means areas, and zones will never conflict with eachother, as we can just say that one area is on another planet.
Sethan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 22:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Narfell here, along with a few fellows
Paco's Revenge

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worked on City of Arabel way back.

Then tried my own server and failed epic.

Now we are doing Tales of the Silver Marches. Had someone the other day say I must be the brains behind the server which made me beam. Ten minutes later a player summoned something from a new item I installed and it summoned a Naked Stout. So yeah...brains.... Rolling Eyes
Disco

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amia.

I do your basic development stuff (scripting, area building, bug fixing), but my heart really goes out to NWN <> NWNX <> MySQL <> PHP implementations. Don't know why, must be some infection.

Terra, who's also active on the forums, is our NWNX plugin guru. Bless him.
Fireboar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 21:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arelith, Amia's twin sister. When we reached adulthood, the two of us took different jobs, and it's great to see both doing remarkably well. (Though I haven't checked out Amia for a while... do you guys still use mushroom portals?)

*cough* Anyway, I'm the head underling, mostly involved with Arelith's side projects like converting to Linux (making a php-based frontend for administration) and an in character encyclopedia detailing the pretty rich history of the island. I'm also a scripter.

I'm trying to make the web frontend as flexible as possible, so once it's done I would be more than happy to share it with the world.
Terra_777

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 16:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newp. Replaced the mushrooms with crystals and the portal rods are powered by mythal crystals that comes in A, AA and AAA siz-... yeah, something like that. Amia too as Disco said, testing out my nwnx shoes. Cool
Fireboar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 0:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terra_777 wrote:
Newp. Replaced the mushrooms with crystals and the portal rods are powered by mythal crystals that comes in A, AA and AAA siz-... yeah, something like that. Amia too as Disco said, testing out my nwnx shoes. Cool

Sweet! I seem to remember the mythal crystals being useless when I was visiting last (well over a year ago), though maybe that was something else. We've got fixed "destination portals" in certain areas, with the Arcane Tower controlling all portal travel with the only "planar portal" readily accessible on the surface, and caravans and boats for travel elsewhere. Or portal lenses, the expensive item that allows instant teleportation to any planar or destination portal.

Anyway, it's amazing just how much change can happen in a few years, the Amia/Arelith divide is a great example of parallel universes. Good work on hooking critical hits by the way, that's not something anyone's done as a Linux plugin yet, which is pretty rare.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: