logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNX-Speech
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lanthar D'Alton

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 0:12    Post subject: Re: SetAppearance Reply with quote

dguntner wrote:

When I try to edit with notepad, it just seems to hang and I have to kill it with the task manager. When I try to edit it with wordpad, all I get is a bunch of binary looking jibberish....

That's because it is mostly jibberish, but there are sections of text in there... just do the search like I said. Also, notepad is a better choice, just give it 5 minutes to load the entire file... it is rather large.

-Lanthar
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Grinning Fool

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, clearly this weekend didn't bring what I hoped it would Wink

I have a bit more free time towards the end of this week, though, so you can expect to hear/see somethign then.
Lanthar D'Alton

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:23    Post subject: I've finished exporting my ERF... Reply with quote

Once I write up the instructions and do some testing, I'll upload. Expect within a day or two.

This is not the linux version, but the erfs should be compatible...

-Lanthar
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
dguntner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:48    Post subject: Re: I've finished exporting my ERF... Reply with quote

Lanthar D'Alton wrote:
This is not the linux version, but the erfs should be compatible...

The scripts are changing? Oh my, and here I just got the existing ones to work with my module and have started getting them to play nice with DMFI 1.07.... Laughing

It'll be interesting to see what new stuff is in there.

--Dave
Lanthar D'Alton

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:31    Post subject: Looking for testing help.. Reply with quote

Someone care to get in touch with me to help test?

AIM: lanthardalt0n@icqmail.com (note the zero)
MSN: lanthardalton@icqmail.com

Also, dguntner, I'd like to see your 1.07 merger code... it would save me quite a bit of time if I could just put your work into the erf instead of trying to merge them myself. After all, the sample mod is dmfi 1.05... and nobody wants that anymore probably.

-Lanthar

Last edited by Lanthar D'Alton on Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:36; edited 1 time in total
dguntner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:23    Post subject: Re: Looking for testing help.. Reply with quote

Lanthar D'Alton wrote:

Also, dguntner, I'd like to see how your 1.07 merger code... it would save me quite a bit of time if I could just put your work into the erf instead of trying to merge them myself. After all, the sample mod is dmfi 1.05... and nobody wants that anymore probably.

I was actually going to offer that once I get everything working. As I said, it's kind of working. I can get the system to respond to .buff commands, but .appearance is still being ignored. Also, for some reason since I integrated them, it seems to treat things in brackets as language only, and no matter what channel it's spoken on, [boot player] (for example) gets translated instead of being acted on. I haven't had a lot of time to continue working on it this last week, hopefully I'll be able to work some more next week.

If you don't mind that it's not finished, I'll be happy to send you a .erf of what I have currently if you want. Give me an address and I'll send it to you.

--Dave
Lanthar D'Alton

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:55    Post subject: address Reply with quote

lanthardalton@icqmail.com

-Lanthar
dguntner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'll export the DMFI and lds scripts to a .erf and send that off to you in the next day or so.

--Dave
beeatch

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 23:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone give me a quick run down on what I need to do to get the speech plug in working with my four servers. One server is running two mods on different ports and all mods use different ports behind a router.

I'm pretty good with scripting, mysql, etc.. but I can't seem to find out where to begin trying this. the readme doesn't explain cleary enuff for me. and I think it's telling me to use part of the talus windows download, like hte mod? and erf?

Anyway a quick bulleted step instruction would be greatly appreciated.

Aaron
dguntner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lanthar, I was actually able to get the thing debugged and everything seems to be working now. Smile The .buff commands are working, the Talus bracket commands are working, and .appearance is working as well (that one turned out to be me forgetting that you have to target yourself with the appearance widget (DMFI) and that the voice widget has to be used on a creature to initialize the command processing. Oops. Very Happy

I'll try to get a .erf together for you in the next day or so, and will send it off to you. It won't be fully cleaned up, thus it won't be pretty. Laughing But it's working.

--Dave
Grinning Fool

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 0:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other linux plugin (non-root version, separate process) has been mostly finished and is getting uploaded to my prod server for testing tonight. (It's currently on my dev server) . This version doesn't rely on the database for storing speech, though NWN still checks permissions in the DB.

Performance so far looks good -- under moderate loads (10-15 sentences spoken per second) , the only backlog is caused by the fact that we're only polling for new speech once per second.

peak nwserver processor usage: 1.0-2.0%
peak nwnspeechd processor usage: 0.0% - 1.0%

I'll be testing heavier loads over this week, after it's been uploaded to the server.

I plan to concide with Lanthar's release, but I'll need to make sure I get the latest .erf and .mod updates from him as well before releasing (currently we have some differences between our versions, as he's updated 3.0 since I've sent over my latest)

This release will NOT include the monitor dialog, as this is intended to be run as a service via init scripts.
dguntner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 0:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! Looking forward to it. Very Happy

--Dave
Grinning Fool

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I mention "this week" being relative?

Alright, well. All done. Still some "TO DO"s, but heck, it's an alpha. They can come next -- which reminds me, if anyone has experience with writing daemons that fork twice, I could use some advice.

Anyway I'm just stepping through through the install instructions I included and making sure they work; expect this during the day today (Sunday).
dguntner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 22:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea yea, sure. WE believe you, uh huh. Out today, right... Very Happy

--Dave
Grinning Fool

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still some quirks and thigns to take a closer look at... but give ita try, and feed back with any issues or comments here...

THe basic structure is as I originally proposed, a plugin that speaks to a standalone executable, which is running as a daemon.

http://www.dragonwell.org/downloads/lds_talus_speech_30a_linux.tar.gz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: