logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alot more stable

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baaleos

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 13:22    Post subject: Alot more stable Reply with quote

I just wana voice my appreciation for the continued development of nwnx2.

I was using one of the old builds, which still used the old logging method, of rotating through the log folders 0, 1, 2 ,3 etc.

Anyhow..
I recently found the most recent Executable, with help from the devs here at nwnx, and have noticed that I am no longer getting spontanious crashes in this version of nwnx.

It seems alot more stable.

The crashes where not nwnx crashes, it was more to do with the process watchdog, mistaking the nwnserver.exe process as having frozen or something, and killing the process without reason, marking it as a crash, when it infact was causing a crash by killing the process.

I used to get these crashes reguarly, once every 48-72 hours or so, usually after a person logged out, or attempted to connect.

Now, Since I have updated, I have noticed improved stability, and not a single crash has been displayed so far. (been using it for about a week now)

Thanks again for the continued development on Nwnx2.
Disco

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 13:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

O, I'll give that a try as well!

Which one did you download? Or did you use SVN?
Baaleos

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 14:51    Post subject: Here Reply with quote

http://mercuric.net/nwn/nwnx/

The one here is what I am now using.

I was using the executable from a year or so ago. But from my own experience, so far, this executable is noticably more stable, and does not mistakenly see nwn process as having frozen. (touch wood)
Zebranky

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, because I can't think of any reason for that to be true. That said, great! Smile

<Fluffy-Kooshy> NWNx plugin is to this as nuclear warheads are to getting rid of fire ants.

<ThriWork> whenever I hear nwn extender, I think what does NWN need a penis extender for?
Baaleos

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 18:17    Post subject: more details Reply with quote

Its not worth mentioning now, since it doesnt seem to affect me now.

But basically nwnx used, for me at least, it used to see the nwn process as having frozen, when it hadnt.

This resulted in some erroneous restarts triggered by the process watchdog.

I actually had to get around it by putting my process watchdog time check to 300 seconds. (checks the process once every 5 minutes).

Seemed that if I did it too often, it would increase the likely hood of an ill favored restart being triggered.

Even at 300 seconds, it still happened once or twice a week, so far, nothing seems to be happening that would indicate the issue still exists.

My module has been run twice now, over the course of the past week or so, getting to about 69 hours of uptime, before I manually make it restart - to avoid it doing the 72 hours restart with players online.

All in all - Its grrrrreat!! (tony the tiger sorta thing going....)

So Zebby....
What ya working on these days?

Anything new and exciting for nwnx2? Windows Stuff?
Zebranky

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 20:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing at the moment, but nwnx_events (either for NWNX2 Win32, NWNX4, or both) is on the horizon. No idea when I'll get a chance to work on it, but it will happen.

<Fluffy-Kooshy> NWNx plugin is to this as nuclear warheads are to getting rid of fire ants.

<ThriWork> whenever I hear nwn extender, I think what does NWN need a penis extender for?
Baaleos

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 15:21    Post subject: Er... Spoke to soon Reply with quote

I just got 2 Unhandled Exception Errors in NwnServer.exe over the past 2 days.

Probably nothing to do with nwnx though,

The problem I have though, is because I had installed Visual Studio Beta 1, and Visual Studio 2008 Express on the server at one point in time, the Unhandled Exception keeps trying to be handled by the just in time debugger. (eg - it leaves the prompt on screen about asking how you wish to debug it).

Is nwnx not meant to get around these type of errors? Eg - Detect the crash, and then kill process, and restart?

From what I can see, the unhandled Exception may have happened during early hours of the morning, and persisted on screen, until I awoke.

Any insight? - Already uninstalled the Visual Studio's from server.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: