logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hairdresser system ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Firya'nis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 23:48    Post subject: Hairdresser system ? Reply with quote

Hello all Smile

Sorry for my poor english... i hope you will understand everything ! Smile

A few years ago, I did a french roleplaying PW for NWN1 and I used NWNX2... Now, i'm a simple scripter for another french RP PW for NWN2 which already use NWNX4 to store and retrieve data...

I would say my scripting level is high as I did many scripts in the past, including a spawn/unspawn system based on the onEnter and onExit events... the nice feature is that when i needed a HB to handle things, i used the onEnter to spawn a placeable with a script on its HB... and unspawn it with the onExit when i don't need it anymore... I did that because the only great spawn system i knew was NESS and it was fully onHeartbeat based... which was consuming too much ressources on my server...

Also, I'm a C# programmer but i can use C++ as i learned programming with this language.

Actually, i'm thinking about adding a new feature on the NWN2 PW i'm working for... i'd like to create a hairdresser system to let players change their hair and also the colour... I tried to find functions in nwscript to do it but there is nothing to permanently change parts of the player character...

Then, I remembered NWNX4 and its plugin system... i wonder if NWNX4 could help me doing this system... or maybe if there is already a plugin which could do the job...

I'm trying to find documentation about how to create plugins but i'm kind of lost... can anybody help me with the basics ?

Thank you for your time.
Disco

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask Terra, he made one for us.
Terra_777

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made one in nwn1 with the SerColor() functions introduced in 1.69, I havent worked with nwnx4 or nwn2 but I'm sure there is some way to do it, be it memory editing or .bic editing. Smile
Disco

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

O, sorry... didn't realise it's for nwn2.
maddogfargo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 23:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the Thain server. I think they have a hairdresser system in the first town you enter. They also have a public version available for download to registered forum users and are a friendly/supportive community...both from a player and builder perspective.

It's for NWN1 but it might get you going in the right direction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: