logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Big question about NWNX4 abilities

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Belsirk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 22:57    Post subject: Big question about NWNX4 abilities Reply with quote

I already download the source code and was thinking on making a plugin (but will be my first time working with this type of code ) but have a big question:

I can catch a function by example: d20() get the value the function returned, changed it (or plus/mins another value ) and then return the new value instead of the old ? I mean, i understand a plugin can catch the conversation but don't give back so i don't know if this i'm wondering it's enough quick to do it before the game advance to next instruction .

And another question, but i'm not sure this could happen: I can fire a script after another one has ben executed by the game ? (Example: The game execute a spell script and after that the NWNX4 fired another script on the game)

mMaybe i'm trying to target to something very complex for my first time working with the code but i want to be sure if can be done
Zebranky

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are both possible, but not necessarily easy. I think the d20() example is considerably easier than the script-after-script one, but both require some C++ and assembly knowledge.

<Fluffy-Kooshy> NWNx plugin is to this as nuclear warheads are to getting rid of fire ants.

<ThriWork> whenever I hear nwn extender, I think what does NWN need a penis extender for?
Belsirk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zebranky wrote:
Those are both possible, but not necessarily easy. I think the d20() example is considerably easier than the script-after-script one, but both require some C++ and assembly knowledge.

Well, i have a good experience with C (and a little of C++ ) and have working before with Intel Asm and some microcontroller, i could survive, but until have enough time for check with detail the code and then create a plugin.
but run a script could be a lot of hard.... about all for the OBJECT_SELF be working correctly

Oh well, will be funny tryied (who say the games don't give anything good?)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: