logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNX Speech plugin!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JeroenB

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Blacksting]
Did you update the script, like I described in the readme.html file? If you havent it will not work, as then stilll the database is used by the nwn part, which is never filled by the plugin.

[DGunter]
No, you can only use the database option in the linux version. When the windows version becomes stable, I will port that new feature to the linux version too.
JeroenB

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 15:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have uploaded a new version (0.1.6). Only change in this version is that it doesn't require the libmysql.dll file anymore.
Blacksting

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have updated the NWN script. With a little testing the call to NWNX!SPEECH!AVAILABLE never comes back "1". Have you had a chance to test out the plugin yourself? Does it work for you?

edit:: I remembered in the back of my brain about naming the module the same as the module tag. That was the clincher. All is well Smile
Lanthar D'Alton

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:33    Post subject: multi-threaded nwnx-Dll w/dialog displays & no need for Reply with quote

The future is coming:
Talus 3.0 preview here:

http://lanthar.dyndsl.com/i/speechdialog.jpg

Also if you can't wait to see the new functionality available, you can try out the new /o emote method (like /dm for dm, /s does shout, /talk does talk, and /o does a self-tell) and be blown away by the ease of speaking languages and through familiars on my server at 65.68.156.73:5121

-Lanthar
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
JeroenB

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

I make an update to the plugin:

- No more database support, only via an internal message queue.
- Ported the system to use the STL queue class for improved stability and less dynamic memory allocation (at least at my side Laughing).

I will upload these changes asap, and port them to the linux plugin too.
Blacksting

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lanthar: Does your tease line about speaking languages mean that Talus now "intercepts" traffic and can change it rather than just sniffing it? That would be damn cool.
Lanthar D'Alton

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:00    Post subject: *shrugs* Reply with quote

1: no, altering the network traffic is rather troublesome... however it handles a speech method that no one else can see.

2: Jeroen, really, just sit back and wait... Smile If you keep giving me excuses to procrastinate, I won't get it done...

This forthcoming version alters the number of parameters for an additional value used by the new emote method. It also largely reworks the listener cpp, so any changes you make there will need to be reworked. There are several speech commands that I've added that will be in the erf. I'm also planning to add a built in command lookup std::map that may offer dialog editing on the fly... and saves to an ini file. I think I'll be leaving the permissions table in the database though, since it is player info driven.

-Lanthar
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lanthar D'Alton

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:31    Post subject: One caveat to DB free approach Reply with quote

Is that it prevents the development of an inter-server message system. I meant to develop one of these for those needing it once. Even so, people don't have to use the dll, so while I am going to finish my updated dll with the speech monitor window, I'm also going to include the standalone db interfacing exe with it, so that people can use that if they want. Similarly, I already have laid out two separate include files in the test module that I will make the erf from.

-Lanthar
Lanthar D'Alton

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:13    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Just a note to tell all of you I've just completed the code to add the action list to the dll as a std::map<std::string, std::string> (yes, string to string, no sense keeping them as ints when nwnx only accepts strings:) ).
I already had the speech kept in a std::queue, so that's all nice and clean too. Oh, and I added the Reload Verbs button, so it's very easy to edit the comma delineated file (a generic one is generated on first run) and then hit the reload button to refresh the std::map from the file. This allows easy editing and addition of commands.

Anyway, it's quite fast, and almost ready for releasing for beta. I just need to do some final cleanup and then I'll be ready for beta...

-Lanthar
Grinning Fool

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slightly OT, but this seems like the best thread to use for htis. I'll be working on getting the linux version out to coincide with this (erm, the other linux version?). The linux version won't have the on-screen dialog with conversations, but will be the same in all other respects.
Lanthar D'Alton

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:29    Post subject: Windows Version nearing completion. Reply with quote

I've just got to do some work on the readme file, then try it out, and then package it. The ERF has been made for the DLL plugin, and should be fully interchangeable with the db based standalone exe. I actually made two different scripts which can be swapped for each other and these specify the interfacing functions.

I need someone to help me test it... just send me an IM by icq, aim, or msn...

-Lanthar
Lanthar D'Alton

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:47    Post subject: Still waiting Reply with quote

Still waiting for someone to message me so I can have them do a simple beta test...

I want to test while on a messenger with whoever tests it, to ensure my instructions are clear and the merging is easy...

-Lanthar
Mr-XXS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 23:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there some packets that can be missed ? Or some canals that are not detected ?

When i read my log file, i have sometimes the feeling that some sentences are missing. Is it possibile that a few sentences are not catched ?
Lanthar D'Alton

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:53    Post subject: limits Reply with quote

speech data switches to a multi-packet format when they exceed a certain size. I was able to locate the first packet, but the second seems to be in TCP/IP format instead of UDP, and I was never able to locate it... I think it *might* be sent in a compressed form.

This might eventually be addressed, but I'd rather leave the number unpublished.

-Lanthar
Lanthar D'Alton

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 23:23    Post subject: Testers Reply with quote

No really... I need some testers! Anyone, get in touch via my instant messaging methods or by email.

MSN: lanthardalton@icqmail.com (email too)
AIM: lanthardalt0n@icqmail.com (note the zero)

-Lanthar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: