logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with new host

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scarface

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:40    Post subject: Problem with new host Reply with quote

I've changed over to a completely new host, the last host was running Desktop based Linux and it ran almost perfectly, but the new host is running a server based linux (Bash console only no desktop), everything is setup the same, all plugins load and as far as the logs are concerned everything is fine, it all works great... then randomly the cpu will jump to 100 and the server will lag and crash (well it hangs actually because the restart script doesn't even detect that it's down so the server doesn't restart), the host doesn't know what the problem is and I have absolutely no idea and I'm at my wits end, it can happen after 1 minute of the server going online, or it can happen 24 hours after :/

Does anyone have any idea whatsoever as to what could possibly be the issue here?
scarface

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I've found the root of the problem, my bank chests that store items randomly crash the server and I have no idea why, our bank MySQL database banking table consists of the following columns:

gold int(11)
exp int(11)
items blob

I'm fairly sure this is how we had it setup before without problems, can anyone offer advice or assistance?

Cheers.
axs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 13:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Change blob to mediumblob, maybe some items do not fit into blob.
If so...they are damaged and you have to delete them from table.
scarface

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 13:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey axs good call man, been running for well over 24 hours now without a single crash and players frequently using the database, cheers Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: