logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

xp_bugfix - nwn2server bugfixes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kres

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 0:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewPoint wrote:
I finally had some time to run some test to figure out why my persistent storage system fails with this plug-in loaded.

I initially thought the StoreCampaignObject() was failing but that was not it. Was does fail is ActionGiveItem().

This is an OEI bug with the script it has not worked since day 1 this is to prevent exploits with inventory
Kres

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 0:58    Post subject: For 1.23 Beta Testers Reply with quote

Skywing: A request from you, could you please prepare a xp_bugfix for the 1.23 beta that way we can test for any database related issues.
NewPoint

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kres wrote:
NewPoint wrote:
I finally had some time to run some test to figure out why my persistent storage system fails with this plug-in loaded.

I initially thought the StoreCampaignObject() was failing but that was not it. Was does fail is ActionGiveItem().

This is an OEI bug with the script it has not worked since day 1 this is to prevent exploits with inventory

I've never had any issues with ActionGiveItem() except when the bugfix plug-in is activated. It is way more efficient then other methods of transferring items in some instances. It uses the same function as dragging an item from a PC's inventory to a placeable's inventory.

One very nice feature of ActionGiveItem() is when transferring a container item. The entire contents of the container are transferred in tact since the object reference is transferred instead of creating a new copy of the item.
juliam

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

the first thing i did when i saw the new patch, was
to come here...

we waited so long for the patch 1.23
but we will wait for your patch Skywing,
before updating...

thanks for your good work Smile
bsb5652

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 21:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm more than happy to wait for the update. Skywing has done a great service to the NWN2 PW community by creating this genious plug-in. My PW only crashed 2 times in the last 4 months and I only do a every 48 hr manual reboot.
Skywing

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 19:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be updating xp_bugfix for 1.23.

I've coordinated with GrinningFool to help get some more of these issues resolved for good in-box, so things should be better than previous patches. A lot of the sporadic crashes relating to bad network data should be handled gracefully in-box now.

That being said, I have reason to believe that at least two major issues remain:

* The infamous "pathing hang" related to > 2 creatures in combat situations.
* An issue relating to crashing when dying while polymorphed.

I'm currently waiting on symbols from OEI so I can do a full analysis to see which bugs additional remain, but good information says that the above two aren't going to be fixed yet out of the box. As a result, I'll still be pushing an update once I get symbols. I was hoping to have a chance to hack away on updating this during the weekend, but symbols haven't arrived yet.
juliam

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 23:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really dont know what we would do without you Skywing
many thanks, you will always have our door wide opened for anything you want, thanks Very Happy
GodBeastX

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

God, I still can't believe after all these months, we still rely on your bug fixes over those with the source code -_-. Skywing you're epic.
barfubaz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 18:36    Post subject: Thanks again Reply with quote

I know I'd love to not have to rely on this and major kudos to Obsidian for integrating the fixes that they have.

But all hail Skywing! He who brings sanity to the PW admins. Thanks again for keeping this up!

- Bar
juliam

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm sorry if this idea is not good...
since pathc 1.23, there is still a cpu leak on servers running more then 24 hours
some objects are running increasing the cpu charge slowly but surely
my question is:

1- could you do something Skywing?
2- euh.... i'll wait for 1

... edit
the presence of some objects are making some processes running increasing the cpu charge.....
Skywing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 23:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please do not install this on a production environment without testing first !!!
---------
Please do not install this on a production environment without testing first !!!

Version 1.0.2 / port of xp_bugfix to 1.23 available here: http://www.nynaeve.net/Skywing/nwn2/01231763/xp_bugfix.zip

I've received a report from at least one person that this version worked out for them. Nonetheless, please test this update on a non-production environment that is already 1.23 as I haven't had a working 1.23 install to self-verify it. I would like to hear whether it did or didn't work out if you do try it, so please let me know either way.

In addition, changes have been committed to virusman's SVN.

Changes:

- Ported fixes and workarounds to 1.23.
- Fixed a bug in the work around for the ActionExchangeItem crash that was causing ActionGiveItem to not function correctly. The hook was overwritting one of the eflags bits that it should have saved and this should be fixed. (Thanks to NewPoint for providing some information that helped track this down.)
- Removed the NullDerefCrash4 / CExoXServerExoAppInternal::LoadCharacterStart bug fix, which fixes a bug where failing to load a character (i.e. due to a corrupted bic server side or the like) would crash the server. This is now fixed in-box.
- Removed the NullDerefCrash5 fix (CNetLayerWindow::UnpacketizeFullMessages); I believe this has been fixed for awhile, and I haven't see it crop up in any logs, so I didn't port it over. Let me know if it breaks.

All other known bugs for 1.22 were still present in 1.23 and fixes have been ported foward.

Last edited by Skywing on Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:06; edited 1 time in total
Master_Prince

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 17:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there and thanks to release this plugin so fast Smile

I just tried it but there was a problem about reconizing the nw2server.exe version.

Skywing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this is the wrong version check data bug. This should now be fixed (thanks to Pepe66 for letting me know about it) and the xp_bugfix version incremented to 1.0.2. As Pepe66 indicated that the plugin worked after fixing the version check, I posted the updated download link at the head of this thread.

(I have also updated the above post to have the current download version linked.)

Please continue to report any problems that have been encountered. If you were running into ActionGiveItem not working previously, this should now be fixed with this release as well.
Master_Prince

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I had not understand before Smile

Thanks for this release and all your others works Wink

I just test and it seems working well Smile
Skywing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 18:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the report! Feel free to post back if you run into anything suspect.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11

Jump to: