logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNStructures - looking for (more) info

View previous topic :: View next topic  
entropy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 0:27    Post subject: NWNStructures - looking for (more) info Reply with quote

Hi!

I see that the NWNStructures.h (of the functions plugin) has an extensive setup of anything you might want to address as a data structure in plugin development.

I was wondering if something like that existed for the windows platform, or if the same header file can be used.

I'm new to this entire NWNX stuff, but I ran into a little problem - namely wanted to switch an event handler script for another one. The linux version of the funcs and functions plugins have those, and I've tried to convert the two functions over to windows... but without success.

Either the data structure is different, or I made another mistake, as there seems to be no result whatsoever.
Zebranky

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most data structures are identical between Linux and Win32.

<Fluffy-Kooshy> NWNx plugin is to this as nuclear warheads are to getting rid of fire ants.

<ThriWork> whenever I hear nwn extender, I think what does NWN need a penis extender for?
entropy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

Well, with that in mind, I was able to successfully write a conversion of GetEventhandler, largely using (both) linux version as help.

It seems to work properly...

However, when the SetEventhandler doesn't seem to work at all. I'm fairly certain I replace the same ExoString that I read with GetEventhandler, but it doesn't stick. Basically it seems as if I didn't touch the string, nor changed the address of the char* ...

Have others had similar issues with creatures eventhandlers? Can I post the code somewhere for someone interested to look it over?
entropy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol

My own bad - found the mistake in my code, after all.

Works fine now.

If I want to share the functions, where do I put them? Aka should I update the nwnx functions for windows, or should I rather create a new plugin with the Set/GetEventhandler?
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 13:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

entropy wrote:
lol

My own bad - found the mistake in my code, after all.

Works fine now.

If I want to share the functions, where do I put them? Aka should I update the nwnx functions for windows, or should I rather create a new plugin with the Set/GetEventhandler?
Definitely new plugin nwnx_functions for windows are totally outdated. Im looking forward to this btw.
Zebranky

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zebranky wrote:
Most data structures are identical between Linux and Win32.

By the way, I just found one that isn't, and it had me scratching my head for a while. When I say "most", I really don't mean "all" Wink

<Fluffy-Kooshy> NWNx plugin is to this as nuclear warheads are to getting rid of fire ants.

<ThriWork> whenever I hear nwn extender, I think what does NWN need a penis extender for?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: