logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

xp_bugfix - nwn2server bugfixes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
driller

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 22:10    Post subject: Re: 1.22 xp_bugfix Reply with quote

Thank you Skywing. You are an invaluable member of the NWN2 community.

-driller

Skywing wrote:
driller wrote:
I get the error: "The procedure entry point SymRefreshModuleList" could not be located in the dynamic link library dbghelp.dll".

I do have that dll which is version 5.1.2600.5512.

-driller

New binary (regrab at new download URL on main page) should resolve this. This was a dependency added by some tracking code that was used to help isolate a bug in 1.21 and was only active for 1.21-targetted builds, though the DbgHelp dependency was remaining for other builds (unused code).

There are no functional changes other than the removal of the now-unused trace logging facility in the re-release. If you were running on Windows XP or earlier and were receiving a missing dllimport message, re-download to resolve that.
juliam

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you Skywing Smile
chris421

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of nwn2server bugs, can someone please confirm this one?

No one gave a frak on the Bioware server forum. Thanks.

Quote:

Running Dedicated Server (1.22) on a Win2008 x64 virtual server. The game was never installed. I simply set it up via copying the appropriate files described above by GF.

Any module created with the NX1 required and/or NX2 required attribute set refuses to load.

"You need to install Expansion Pack 1 : Mask of The Betrayer in order to load this module."

is the log message.

Same NX-enabled module loads fine in interactive, single-player mode from a legit installation.

Further, I can turn around and take that module, remove the flags, and it loads correctly (from server).

Senalaya

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 13:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure, you have the *_X1.zip and *_X2.zip files for 2DA, models, templates, scripts, etc in the server's data folder.

I also observed some oddity in regards to the campaign folders. For some reason, the nwn2server.exe seems to expect to have the NX1 and NX2 campaign folder present to work properly, when flagged for requiring the expansions.

While our module (flagged for both expansions) loaded fine, nobody was able to level past level 20 without those campaign folders available.
NewPoint

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link (http://www.nynaeve.net/Skywing/nwn2/0100221588/xp_bugfix.zip) seem to be broken. Was the file removed or is the url incorrect?
Skywing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 20:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the correct URL for the initial release (which works, just double checked). Are you sure you didn't have a typo or include a character like ) at the end of the URL?

But you should prefer http://www.nynaeve.net/Skywing/nwn2/0100221588/xp_bugfix1.zip - this was a rerelease to remove an unnecessary dependency on DbgHelp that was causing the plugin to fail load on users running Windows XP who hadn't installed the Windows debugger package. There is no functional difference between the two packages aside from the removal of the hard linked DbgHelp.dll dependency.
chris421

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Process Monitor definitely shows when nwn2server.exe starts up that it's looking for dbghelp.dll.

You're saying we can remove it if we add your plugin to the server folder instead?

Also are there any configurable options that should appear in xp_bugfix.ini? I've downloaded every revision and not once have I noticed an ini packaged alongside that dll.

Thanks!
Skywing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't delete the dbghelp.dll that nwn2 ships with. If you were having problems with xp_bugfix relating to dbghelp.dll, just download the updated xp_bugfix binary and you ought to be set. The dbghlep.dll shipping in the nwn2 installation directory isn't related.

And no, there aren't any config file options for xp_bugfix. It's either on (if loaded and nwn2server.exe matches the version it was compiled against), or it's not.
Arvirago

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 13:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot. Runs fine at the moment.
NewPoint

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally had some time to run some test to figure out why my persistent storage system fails with this plug-in loaded.

I initially thought the StoreCampaignObject() was failing but that was not it. Was does fail is ActionGiveItem().

The following script fragment runs just fine without the plug-in loaded. The item is passed from the PC to the chest just like it should. With the plug-in loaded it simply fails. The item remains in the PC's inventory. No error messages of any kind are generate anywhere.

Code:
   object oPCHeldItem = CreateItemOnObject("item1", oPC, 5);
   if (GetIsObjectValid(oPCHeldItem)) {
      PrintString("BugFixTest: pc held item is valid and held by " + GetName(GetItemPossessor(oPCHeldItem)));
      object oChest = GetObjectByTag("BugFixTestChest");
      if (GetIsObjectValid(oChest)) {
         PrintString("BugFixTest: found the check");
         AssignCommand(oPC, ActionGiveItem(oPCHeldItem, oChest));
      }
   }

Anyone have any idea what the issues is?
Skywing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any log messages in xp_bugfix.txt?

(Any time the game's behavior is altered, a log message will be written there, limited to once every few seconds. If there's a problem with one of the patches, then that will provide a pointer as to where to look.)

There are a couple of patches dealing with working around item management bugs in the game; it's possible that a register changed and I missed it in the most recent port, as that was rushed out due to time constraints.
NewPoint

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just double checked. There are now log messages.

This problem existed before the latest release. I had a problem with my persistent item storage system but I just never had time to do any testing to figure out exactly where the problem was.
Skywing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a couple of hooks dealing with item manipulation, but any problems would need to be in the passthrough paths for there to be an issue without a log message. I looked over all of those a couple times here (as effectively as one can at 3am) and don't see an explanation for any erroneous behavior.

You could try attaching the debugger (ntsd -pn nwn2server.exe) and using these command to selectively disable each of the patches dealing with item acquisition and see if there's any change before disabling the next patch. ("g" to continue, ctrl-c/ctrl-break to break back into the debugger to enter more commands)

eb 00560ed9 8a 88 e0 03 00
eb 004a3fea 8b 0f 6a 01 6a
eb 0049e50d 8b f8 8b 47 04
NewPoint

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disabling the first one:

eb 00560ed9 8a 88 e0 03 00

Fixed the issue. Disabling the other had no effect.
Skywing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the ActionExchangeItem hook. Thanks, that should help narrow this down a bit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11

Jump to: