logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nwnx Easy working... but won't load my PW module

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hexgenesis

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:57    Post subject: Nwnx Easy working... but won't load my PW module Reply with quote

Well, I while back I was really excited to get NWNx_easy working, which I knew was working fine because I tested it with the aps_demo.mod, and it worked great!

Then I had some problems with my PW mod in general RE: CEP 2.2/CRAP/and 1.69. I finally got all that ironed out, and I went to load my PW module with NWNx_easy yesterday, and it just quits when I try and load the module.

If I use ./nwserver to load my PW module, it loads up fine. So I know that there is not anything egregiously wrong with the mod (I have all the haks copied over, lower case, etc)

But I'm unable to use nwnx_easy to load up my PW. It loads up other mods just fine, but not my PW mod (which is about 150 areas, 52mb).

If I look in the nwserverlog there's no info I can use; it just says "Loading Module: gnostica_beta6e.mod" then the next line is "Server Shutting Down"

Should I be looking at a different log for errors? How would you guys approach figuring this out, 'cause I'm stumped!

EDIT: oh yeah, I made sure I was using the latetest NWNx_easy (0.4), and I thought I'd mention I'm running this on a fully updated Ubuntu install.
Fireboar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 16:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

What plugins are you using? Also, check ALL the files in logs.0 - if there's a problem it will say so in there. Also, does it say "segmentation fault" at all when shutting down? In fact, paste the entire output from running the ./nwnstartup.sh command.
Hexgenesis

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Fireboar... thanks for you help!

I didn't change the default plugins, so I'm using whatever is with NWNx_easy by default. Up until now I've been using vars set on objects, and a bit of the Bioware db with Knat's optimization. The plan is to leave that stuff and use NWNx so I can set up my subraces, using Shayan's Subrace. But I haven't even put that in yet, I want to make sure I have everything else working first. So there's no NWNx related scripting at all in my mod yet - could that be the problem?

Another thing that occurred to me: Maybe I need to make the haks lowercase first, then re-associate them with the module? I've noticed that Linux is case-sensitive, and it runs fine with just the straight ./nwserver when I rename them to lower case, but maybe NWNx is more finicky, and I actually have to have them lower case associated with the mod. I'm going to try that, it can't hurt.

Here's the output:

Code:
nwn@3R15:/usr/local/gnostica$ ./nwnstartup.sh

NWNX2lib: Init
NWNX2lib: org SetString() at 0x81f41b4, new SetString() at 0xb7fb2c52
NWNX2lib: org GetObj() at 0x81f40bc, new GetObj() at 0xb7fb26ba
* Parsing configuration...
NWN Extender v2.7-beta4
(c) 2004 by the APS/NWNX Linux Conversion Group
(c) 2007-2008 by virusman
Based on the Win32 version (c) 2003 by Ingmar Stieger (Papillon)
and Jeroen Broekhuizen
visit us at http://www.avlis.org

* Loading modules...
STRUCTS plugin Registered.
PROFILER plugin Registered.
CHAT plugin Registered.
LETO plugin Registered.
EVENTS plugin Registered.
FIXES plugin Registered.
FUNCTIONS plugin Registered.
ODBC plugin Registered.
RESMAN plugin Registered.
TMI plugin Registered.
HASHSET plugin Registered.
MNX plugin Registered.
* NWNX2 activated.
Neverwinter Nights Server
Build:8109
Copyright BioWare Corp 1998-2004

Server: Loading...
Server: Running...

Server: Loading module "gnostica_beta6e.mod"
Server: Unable to load module
Server: Exiting...
NWNX2lib: Server exiting.
nwn@3R15:/usr/local/gnostica$
Hexgenesis

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the only thing that looked like an error of any kind in the other logs in is in profiler:

Code:
NWNX Profiler V.1.60
(c) 2005 by Ingmar Stieger (papillon@nwnx.org)
(c) 2006 by virusman (virusman@virusman.ru)
visit us at http://www.nwnx.org

* Updated entries are marked with a * symbol
* Log level: Only overall statistics will be logged.
* Separate script parts logging: 1
* RunScript hooked (symbol: >).
* Could not find Cross area pathfinding function or hook failed: 0
* Could not find pathfinding function or hook failed: 0

Current statistics
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Elapsed time                : -1208651788 msec
Runtime delta               : 0 msec
Total cumulative runtime    : 0 msec
Total number of scriptcalls : 0
Fireboar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 15:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can simply remove plugin files (nwnx_something.so) from the nwn directory to disable them. On a production server, you definitely want to remove profiler because it hinders performance while collecting statistics.

Your problem, however, is that you have nwnstartup.sh configured wrong. Change the line:

-module "gnostica_beta6e.mod"

To:

-module "gnostica_beta6e"

Then try again.
Hexgenesis

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks!

You know, I am pretty sure I had tried it without the .mod and I was just trying that as an option. But I changed it back to without the .mod and it loaded just fine!

Maybe recompiling helped it? Anyhow it is working so thank you!

And I'll be sure to pull the profiler out before I go live, I've still got a lot of work to do before then though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: