logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

xp_bugfix - nwn2server bugfixes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quilistan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply!

I know it isn't xp_bugfix causeing crashes, it disables itself when the versions don't match.

but xp_bugfix helps huge with server stability and preventing crashes. I don't like leaving home without it.

also no I am not useing the pick pocket thing.
barfubaz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 21:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quilistan wrote:
Thanks for the reply!

I know it isn't xp_bugfix causeing crashes, it disables itself when the versions don't match.

but xp_bugfix helps huge with server stability and preventing crashes. I don't like leaving home without it.

also no I am not useing the pick pocket thing.

I know the feeling, that's why I haven't upgraded. Hopefully Skywing has a nice weekend and can find some free time to work on this. (Bar sends prayers to his patron deity, Sharess.)

- Bar
Quilistan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it hasn't been too long, but good plugins are hard to sit back and wait for. Not to meantion everytime the sever crashes, I tear up thinking "If I only had a 1.22 xp_bugfix"

I hope this sends some encouragement to skywing!
loudent2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:51    Post subject: Need the bugfix dll badly Reply with quote

Man, we need the bugfix plugin! Our server is crashing multiple times a day. sometimes it has trouble staying up 20 minutes.
bsb5652

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 18:46    Post subject: 1.22 xp_bugfix Reply with quote

This plugin for NWNX4 is essential and really needs to be maintained. Hopefully, Obsidian can address these issues in the core engine to avoid the need to have such an elaborate but absolutely BRILLIANT program to be needed.

If the creator is unable to maintain this app, can the source code be made available for those who would like to recompile it for the new version?

In any case, all of us server hosts should demand Obsidian to get their crap straight since we are the ones that are selling copies of their application. I recently converted to SOZ only, and I was able to get at least 54 players to upgrade, that were not going to otherwise.

I really believe that NWN2 could take a much more prominent role in the MMORG market share if only they would invest a little more time and effort in fixing engine issues and issues in general.
driller

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 18:16    Post subject: Re: 1.22 xp_bugfix Reply with quote

The source is available, there is a link in the first post.

-driller

bsb5652 wrote:
This plugin for NWNX4 is essential and really needs to be maintained. Hopefully, Obsidian can address these issues in the core engine to avoid the need to have such an elaborate but absolutely BRILLIANT program to be needed.

If the creator is unable to maintain this app, can the source code be made available for those who would like to recompile it for the new version?

In any case, all of us server hosts should demand Obsidian to get their crap straight since we are the ones that are selling copies of their application. I recently converted to SOZ only, and I was able to get at least 54 players to upgrade, that were not going to otherwise.

I really believe that NWN2 could take a much more prominent role in the MMORG market share if only they would invest a little more time and effort in fixing engine issues and issues in general.
Skywing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

New release for 1.0.22.1588.

- Binaries + symbols available at http://www.nynaeve.net/Skywing/nwn2/0100221588/xp_bugfix.zip.
- Source available in nwnx4 svn repository.

Due to time constraints, this release has been only very minimally tested. Please post back if you encounter any problems.

I didn't observe any indications that OEI fixed any of the bugs xp_bugfix addresses in this release.
Skywing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:11    Post subject: Re: 1.22 xp_bugfix Reply with quote

bsb5652 wrote:

The plugin is still being maintained. It took awhile to get symbols for this release and then I had some other things crop up that needed some time devoted to them.

The source code is available on virusman's svn, though, and you're free to make modifications to it as you like.
driller

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:40    Post subject: Re: 1.22 xp_bugfix Reply with quote

I get the error: "The procedure entry point SymRefreshModuleList" could not be located in the dynamic link library dbghelp.dll".

I do have that dll which is version 5.1.2600.5512.

-driller

Skywing wrote:
bsb5652 wrote:

The plugin is still being maintained. It took awhile to get symbols for this release and then I had some other things crop up that needed some time devoted to them.

The source code is available on virusman's svn, though, and you're free to make modifications to it as you like.
bsb5652

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:33    Post subject: Re: 1.22 xp_bugfix Reply with quote

Actually, I'm getting this from the source code link and hence my comment about it not being avaliable...

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /svn on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.3 (Debian) DAV/2 SVN/1.5.1 mod_python/3.2.10 Python/2.4.4 PHP/5.2.0-8+etch13 Server at nwn.virusman.ru Port 80

[quote="driller"]The source is available, there is a link in the first post.

-driller
driller

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:29    Post subject: Re: 1.22 xp_bugfix Reply with quote

Download and install this:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/tortoisesvn

-driller

[quote="bsb5652"]Actually, I'm getting this from the source code link and hence my comment about it not being avaliable...

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /svn on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.3 (Debian) DAV/2 SVN/1.5.1 mod_python/3.2.10 Python/2.4.4 PHP/5.2.0-8+etch13 Server at nwn.virusman.ru Port 80

driller wrote:
The source is available, there is a link in the first post.

-driller
Quilistan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a quick observation about how the 1.22 version is working for us.

It is catching and stopping the crashes, but it seems when it does so there is a huge 5-10 second lag spike. Most of my issues seem to be with path finding and groups of creatures moving toward a player. The new ai makes them relentlessly look for routes to the player which is fine, but creates lag.

I don't know what if any information the server might produce that I could get to you concerning this.

It used to catch and prevent the crashes with a very minimal lag spike (1sec max).

I understand this is in a beta for the most part, but wanted to give some feed back from a server using it.

Thanks for your work on the xp_bugfix, as you know already we love and need it.
Skywing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:51    Post subject: Re: 1.22 xp_bugfix Reply with quote

driller wrote:
I get the error: "The procedure entry point SymRefreshModuleList" could not be located in the dynamic link library dbghelp.dll".

I do have that dll which is version 5.1.2600.5512.

-driller

New binary (regrab at new download URL on main page) should resolve this. This was a dependency added by some tracking code that was used to help isolate a bug in 1.21 and was only active for 1.21-targetted builds, though the DbgHelp dependency was remaining for other builds (unused code).

There are no functional changes other than the removal of the now-unused trace logging facility in the re-release. If you were running on Windows XP or earlier and were receiving a missing dllimport message, re-download to resolve that.
Skywing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:56    Post subject: Re: 1.22 xp_bugfix Reply with quote

bsb5652 wrote:
Actually, I'm getting this from the source code link and hence my comment about it not being avaliable...

There are two options here:

1) You can install the SVN client and download the tree. You will need to do this for any substantial development work in practical terms. The SVN link is not directly browsable.
2) You can use the web interface that trac provides ( http://nwn.virusman.ru/trac/nwnx4/browser/branches/skywing-dev/src/plugins/xp_bugfix ). If you are just curious as to how things work, that might suffice.

Last edited by Skywing on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:17; edited 1 time in total
Skywing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quilistan wrote:
just a quick observation about how the 1.22 version is working for us.

It is catching and stopping the crashes, but it seems when it does so there is a huge 5-10 second lag spike. Most of my issues seem to be with path finding and groups of creatures moving toward a player. The new ai makes them relentlessly look for routes to the player which is fine, but creates lag.

I don't know what if any information the server might produce that I could get to you concerning this.

It used to catch and prevent the crashes with a very minimal lag spike (1sec max).

I understand this is in a beta for the most part, but wanted to give some feed back from a server using it.

Thanks for your work on the xp_bugfix, as you know already we love and need it.

There aren't any changes that have been made to the actual fix implementations with this release; simply a straight port to the new offsets was done.

However, one of the xp_bugfix workarounds (for the position hang issue - BugFix::SafeInitPositionList) incurs some extra overhead during a part of pathing processing as a part of determining whether a list that NWN2 builds (and sometimes corrupts) contains circular references. This results in an extra traversal of those pathing structures on each JStar pathing operation.

I would not expect this to create an order of magnitude degredation, however. I would try and break into the debugger when it's spinning and seeing what the call stack on thread 0 looks like. This list is fully traversed by NWN2 normally when this code path is hit.

Are you certain that this operation is not slow even without xp_bugfix plugged in? If you use the older AI (assuming it's lighter on pathing), does the performance problem recur?

Last edited by Skywing on Mon Mar 30, 2009 0:11; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11

Jump to: