logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is this possible?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baaleos

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 14:04    Post subject: Is this possible? Reply with quote

I know a plugin/app exists that allows linux servers to do ingame editing of feats via Memory edits.

Is this at all possible via nwnx plugins on a windows platform?

If it is, I'd be interested in learning how to create plugins, in the hopes of creating one that could do
AddFeat
RemoveFeat
AddSkillPt
RemoveSkillPt
SetStat

If nwnx2 can do memory edits, then in theory, letoscript would not be needed for adding feats and no re-logging would be required.
virusman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 15:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's possible, but it requires some skill and time to do this.
Baaleos

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 16:06    Post subject: Can someone? Reply with quote

Can someone with 'said' skill and time, do this for me? Very Happy

All in all, I could possibly be happy enough with one that just does the feat add/remove.

But I can understand how that on its own would be quite difficult to code on its own, let alone with other functions.

Would anyone know how I should start?
Is there a guide for creating plugins for nwnx?

I'd think that if it was posible to make a plugin that does this easilly, then someone would have done it instead of letoscript plugin. So I guess it must be quite complicated.

Any advice on how to proceed would be appreciated.
RamaDeveloper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 15:21    Post subject: Doing things to characters and items and placeables etc Reply with quote

For messing with PC feats or anything else for that matter, I have an action queue that is processed by one of three system creatures (one for NPCs, one for doors, placeables and triggers, one for PCs) that I use to affect everything in the game, it locks doors, makes the food in people's backpacks rot, tells NPCs to go to church etc. etc.

Currently it runs off a database table and a stored procedure retuns the next uncompleted action but now I can call c# from NWN I'll change it to use a prioritised in-memory heap, very very quick for a heartbeat call to get the next action. If there is an action to carry out it then recurses using a tiny delaycommand to get the next one until there isn't.

This process locks and optionally activate traps on each of the 400+ doors in the largest town area I have in under a minute with no TMIs or aparrent affect on perfomance.

Seems a lot more robust than tring to tweak the server processes innards.
Baaleos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 15:28    Post subject: Can your system do?? Reply with quote

Can your system do

AddFeat
RemoveFeat
AddSkillPt
RemoveSkillPt
SetStat

etc....

Without having to do letoscript calls?

Eg - In memory edits - That do not require either skin alterations, or logging the player out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: