logo logo

 Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 
NWNCX
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
virusman



Joined: 30 Jan 2005
Posts: 991
Location: Russia

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:12    Post subject: NWNCX Reply with quote

I've started a project named NWNCX - NWN client extender.
It does not bring NWNX plugins to SP yet - I've decided to take a different approach and extend the visible GUI and client-server interaction.
It will be modular, like NWNX, although the core<->plugins interface is not complete yet.

Adding a button to the radial menu:
http://data.virusman.ru/nwn/nwncx/nwncx_radial.jpg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
dougnoel



Joined: 21 Mar 2005
Posts: 27
Location: VA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet. Where is the button stored? Just as a client-side image file? Is this checked into the repository yet?

Doug Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ShaDoOoW



Joined: 20 Aug 2005
Posts: 300

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can imagine this with something like BG 2 SP module. So such module would have special NWNCX lancher which would run with given folder as top override so when game is loaded, GUI would be like BG II although, player have different GUI in override.

Also, this could be very usefull as way to load haks when join to server which needs them allowing to take new classes etc.
_________________
Developer of Blood War Team PvP Arena
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TormentedBlood



Joined: 22 Jul 2008
Posts: 14

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 15:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

will this client extender be setup to allow custom races and classes to be more redily useable at the character creation gui?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
virusman



Joined: 30 Jan 2005
Posts: 991
Location: Russia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just made a NWNCX plugin that attaches NWNX2 to the client.
The plugins can't find signatures, though, as they search a different address space. They must be recompiled to support both nwserver and nwmain.
_________________
In Soviet Russia, NWN plays you!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
virusman



Joined: 30 Jan 2005
Posts: 991
Location: Russia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Complete package:

NWNCX 0.1
http://data.virusman.ru/nwn/nwncx/nwncx-0.1.rar

NWNX2 & plugins compiled to support NWNCX
http://data.virusman.ru/nwn/nwncx/nwnx2_nwncx_compatible_plugins.rar

Now I can use it to test the database scripts just with "Test Module" (F9) in the Toolset instead of uploading, starting the server and logging in every time.
_________________
In Soviet Russia, NWN plays you!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
the.gray.fox



Joined: 11 Dec 2009
Posts: 21

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 13:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet indeed!

Thank you virusman.

(Open...
You talk of using F9 to test the Module.
Some NWN things do not seem to work properly when in F9 mode.
Can something be done for it?
... closed)


-fox
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Goddard



Joined: 23 Nov 2009
Posts: 22

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 23:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
virusman



Joined: 30 Jan 2005
Posts: 991
Location: Russia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

the.gray.fox wrote:
You talk of using F9 to test the Module.
Some NWN things do not seem to work properly when in F9 mode.
Can something be done for it?
What exactly does not work in Test Module mode?
_________________
In Soviet Russia, NWN plays you!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
the.gray.fox



Joined: 11 Dec 2009
Posts: 21

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 23:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

virusman wrote:
the.gray.fox wrote:
You talk of using F9 to test the Module.
Some NWN things do not seem to work properly when in F9 mode.
Can something be done for it?
What exactly does not work in Test Module mode?

I know of DelayCommand() -- I use it often to debug.
For example you place this OnModuleLoad, and it fires *without* delay:

DelayCommand (30.0f, SendMessageToPC (GetFirstPC (), "DBG: Message"));

Same if you chain or nest several DelayCommand(). They all fire right away.
But at some point after the first player is in, DelayCommand() returns to work properly.
When that happens, precisely, I am unable to tell -- sorry.

Personally I have not noticed more things.
But I did read some time ago of people claiming that more things are wrong in F9 mode.
They failed to say _which_ things, though.


-fox
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Inayity



Joined: 20 Jul 2008
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 21:19    Post subject: Nice! Thanks! Reply with quote

As always, top-notch work. Thanks so much!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fireboar



Joined: 17 Feb 2008
Posts: 323

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 22:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

the.gray.fox wrote:
virusman wrote:
the.gray.fox wrote:
You talk of using F9 to test the Module.
Some NWN things do not seem to work properly when in F9 mode.
Can something be done for it?
What exactly does not work in Test Module mode?

I know of DelayCommand() -- I use it often to debug.
For example you place this OnModuleLoad, and it fires *without* delay:

DelayCommand (30.0f, SendMessageToPC (GetFirstPC (), "DBG: Message"));

Same if you chain or nest several DelayCommand(). They all fire right away.
But at some point after the first player is in, DelayCommand() returns to work properly.
When that happens, precisely, I am unable to tell -- sorry.

Personally I have not noticed more things.
But I did read some time ago of people claiming that more things are wrong in F9 mode.
They failed to say _which_ things, though.


-fox


That's a bug in your code, not a bug in the DelayCommand/F9 combo. If you have...

Code:
void main()
{
  DelayCommand(30.0, SendMessageToPC(GetFirstPC(), "DBG: Message"));
}


In OnModuleLoad, it's not going to do anything because GetFirstPC returns OBJECT_INVALID at the time when it is called (as part of OnModuleLoad, not 30 seconds later). Instead, you should try:

Code:
void message()
{
  SendMessageToPC(GetFirstPC(), "DBG: Message");
}
void main()
{
  DelayCommand(30.0, message());
}


This, you'll find, does work, as GetFirstPC is now being called after the delay has elapsed.

What doesn't work is anything NWNX, for obvious reasons: NWNX is never actually loaded. Pressing F9 is like starting the module single player with the first character on your character list.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
virusman



Joined: 30 Jan 2005
Posts: 991
Location: Russia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 22:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fireboar wrote:
What doesn't work is anything NWNX, for obvious reasons: NWNX is never actually loaded. Pressing F9 is like starting the module single player with the first character on your character list.
This is no longer true.
Please read my previous posts in this topic. Smile
_________________
In Soviet Russia, NWN plays you!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Fireboar



Joined: 17 Feb 2008
Posts: 323

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 23:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

virusman wrote:
Fireboar wrote:
What doesn't work is anything NWNX, for obvious reasons: NWNX is never actually loaded. Pressing F9 is like starting the module single player with the first character on your character list.
This is no longer true.
Please read my previous posts in this topic. Smile


Touché, sir, I had completely forgotten what the topic was about when I posted that, and now I feel a right numpty. Correction then: if you're using NWNCX, then the supported NWNX extensions do also work.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the.gray.fox



Joined: 11 Dec 2009
Posts: 21

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 13:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fireboar wrote:

That's a bug in your code, not a bug in the DelayCommand/F9 combo. If you have...

Code:
void main()
{
  DelayCommand(30.0, SendMessageToPC(GetFirstPC(), "DBG: Message"));
}


In OnModuleLoad, it's not going to do anything because GetFirstPC returns OBJECT_INVALID at the time when it is called (as part of OnModuleLoad, not 30 seconds later). Instead, you should try:

Code:
void message()
{
  SendMessageToPC(GetFirstPC(), "DBG: Message");
}
void main()
{
  DelayCommand(30.0, message());
}


This, you'll find, does work, as GetFirstPC is now being called after the delay has elapsed.

Incorrect.
Please do not focus on the command I used.
If you change the line to this:

DelayCommand (30.0f, SignalEvent (GetModule (), EventUserDefined (n)));

it does not delay -- all the same.

Also, should the delay fail because I call GetFirstPC() when no PC is there, it is no bug of mine.
At best it is a NWN bug, for the GetFirstPC() should be called *after* the 30 seconds regardless of the command being delayed.
Thanks.


-fox
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group